Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: You might like this. :)

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Nipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2009
    Posts
    280
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    You might like this. :)

    Take a trip to the new McIntosh homepage and click on the photo of Les Paul (lower right corner) and listen to what he has to say.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Mike Gibson's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2005
    Posts
    151
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: You might like this. :)

    I agree with Les. I remember hearing their hit song Mockingbird Hill when I was a little boy. I've loved that song and still do. It was the first sound on sound recording released. It's amazing all the inventions & innovations that man can up with.
    Life is too short to be taken Cirrus.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: You might like this. :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gibson View Post
    ...I remember hearing their hit song Mockingbird Hill when I was a little boy. I've loved that song and still do. It was the first sound on sound recording released...
    LP's "de man" in my book in many ways. Without trying to detract from his accomplishments, Bill Putnam (of UREI fame) claims he did it first (p4-5):

    http://www.aes.org/aeshc/docs/afternoon_putnam.pdf

    Patti Page's '47 "With My Eyes Wide Open I'm Dreaming" preceded LP's ('51) "Mockingbird Hill". Bill called it multiple voice recording.

    Bill claimed he and LP were swapping notes at the time, but I prefer thinking Patti carried the technique to LP... I can just hear her crooning coyly, "Why don't we try this, Les Honey"...

    YouTube - With My Eyes Wide Open - Patti Page
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: You might like this. :)

    Wow!
    Les Paul had insight and a good ear. The Sel Sync on Ampex .The Mcintosh amps, Altec 604,
    and the first electric guitar by Gibson.

    Yes The Mcintosh amp with Altec speakers was the best combo in the 70's .

    ...............................

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.